Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Resource Sustainability at Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
The Energetic Materials, Rock Characterization, and Geomechanics (EMRGe) Research Center at Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T) in Rolla, Missouri, USA, is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral position in the broad field of Resource Sustainability.
The expected starting date for the appointment is January 16, 2023. The position is for one year, with the possibility of an extension based on the candidate’s satisfactory performance and funding availability.
We invite applicants with research interests and experience that complement or extend the center’s research capabilities. These areas of Resource Sustainability include, but are not limited to:
• Critical minerals
• Sustainable energy
• Geological storage of CO2 and hydrogen
• Clean water supply
• Geothermal energy
• Waste valorization or minimization
• Environmental/climate change impacts and mitigation
The successful candidate will be able to conduct their research in the field of Resource Sustainability and assist EMRGe researchers in collecting data and preparing proposals. The successful applicant should have demonstrated excellence in one of our research areas.
• Conduct research in the field of Resource Sustainability
• Write research proposals and peer-reviewed publications
• Assist EMRGe researchers in the preparation of research proposals and peer-reviewed publications
• Mentor graduate students in performing research related to Resource Sustainability
• Ph.D. in a field related to Resource Sustainability
• Excellent record of research achievement, including peer-reviewed publications in high-ranked journals
• Demonstrated experience in analytical techniques required for Resource Sustainability research
• Excellent communication skills
• Prior postdoctoral experience
• Demonstrated experience in the preparation of research proposals
• Experience in platforms such as GIS
• Programming skills such as C++ and Python
The application package should include a cover letter, CV, and up to three publication samples. The cover letter should include a short biography, research interests, and future career goals. In addition, applicants are encouraged to have a one-page outline for a potential research proposal. Completion of a Ph.D. is a prerequisite for this position. Previous postdoctoral experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
The review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, the candidate should apply by November 5, 2022. However, we will continue reviewing applications until we fill the position.
For further information regarding this position, please contact the EMRGe Research Center Director, Dr. Andreas Eckert (firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit the center’s website https://emrge.mst.edu/.
The EMRGe Research Center provides a multidisciplinary environment for researching materials and geomechanics in a joint effort of subterranean exploration and national defense to address the many complex challenges in subsurface engineering disciplines. EMRGe researchers represent a wide range of Missouri S&T departments, including Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering, Mining and Explosives Engineering, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering.
Missouri S&T is one of the nation’s top technological research universities. S&T is part of the University of Missouri System and currently enrolls over 7,000 graduate and undergraduate students in more than 100 degree programs. In addition, Missouri S&T receives frequent recognition as a leading institution for engineering education, applied learning, return on investment, and online learning.
To visit the official Missouri S&T Human Resources job application page, follow this link: